This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgradation

2 replies to this topic

venkateshwar_InstallShiled

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:36

Hi,
Iam getting error while creating patch for my setup.(planning to do major upgrade for my previous releases).
The problem is my previous product version is 4.5.9 and latest product version is 5.0.0. While creating patch in Installshield IDE getting erorr msg as "ERROR: The patch being created has a minor update transform that changes the major product version field from 0004.0005.0009.0000 to 0005.0000.0000.0000. Minor updates should not change the major product version field".
Can any body suggest me that, major version field (previous release) of the product is updatable via patch of the latest setup.? If not what process helps to upgrade my previous releases.....

Edited by venkateshwar_InstallShiled, 24 March 2009 - 05:40.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:11

From the error message it seems you are creating a Minor Update patch, not a Major Upgrade (Major Upgrade = ProductCode change). In general I don't recommend shipping Major Upgrades as patches, but as full .msi files.

• Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:04

Yes stefan... Now Iam shipping full msi as an upgrade.

Thank you