This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Previous install (diff. GUID) breaks current

1 reply to this topic

twh3375

twh3375
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 19:28

I have an old installation of my product at Program Files/MyCompany/MyProduct v.1

I have the new version of my product installing at Program Files/MyCompany/MyProduct

The installs have different GUIDs.

On some Windows XP systems, the new install works fine. On other XP systems, the install seems to work fine, but there is nothing in Program Files/MyCompany/MyProduct. None of the program files get installed!!!

A solution is to uninstall the old version before installing the new version, but I shouldn't have to do this. They have different GUIDs and I'm installing to different directories, so WHY won't the install work properly?

Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Edited by twh3375, 30 October 2003 - 19:33.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 02:02

First, the usual questions, are you using IS Pro 6.31 and have Windows XP selected in your project properties in order to properly support XP?

Also, have you tried stepping through your install with the debugger to see what's happening?
user posted image