This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error: 1327 Invalid Drive L:\

3 replies to this topic

mobile_suit_zero

mobile_suit_zero
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 22:56

Hi, has anyone encouter this problem before??  If you do, then how do you solve this problem??

The situation is this, I am creating msi packetages for couple programs, and I want them to be installed on the All User instead of just one specify user.  However, when I do change the Installation on All User, and then log on to through network.  The packages won't install and gives me the error.  But however, when I log in locally on the machine, and install it.  It works okay.

Please help me.  Thank you.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:16

Are you installing with elevated privileges? In this case your setup runs in system account, which may not have access to all network locations.

Diablo_XIX

Diablo_XIX
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 10:44

Do you have a drive L: created within your property table. If so, do you have a drive L: mapped when installing the MSI. I had a similar problem where we wanted to add files to a user's home directory and to do this we created a property called USERHOME and issued it a value of H:\.
This worked fine for that particular package, so we decided to add it to the template. However, on subsiquent packages where the H: drive was not mapped during installation, we had the same error you had and so removed it from the template posthaste.

rmadassery77

rmadassery77
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 10:24

Try using the SetProperty Custom Action in Wise/InstallShield instead of using the Property table. :D