This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Serial number control character formatting

6 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 08:13

Hi,

Im want to format my serial number conrol into 7-6-7 format (xxxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx) in the CustomerInformation dialog so that the user can only type-in the serial number with correct format. How can I do this? Should I do it in a script or what???  Any idea??? Please help I really need this on my project.

Thanks in advance,
Dyerald

Arnaud

Arnaud
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 October 2001 - 08:51

In CustomerInformation dialog

On the SerialNumber MaskedEdit field
get on the "mask" property and set it to what you need:
<#######-######-#######>

With # it's only digits

For more information just look into the MaskedEditControl topics in  the MSI Help library

labboypro

labboypro
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 15:41

I got <####-####-####-####> to work... but how do I specify alpha or alphanumeric here?

Thanks in advance,

Kenneth

Arnaud

Arnaud
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 07:55

You just have to look in the MaskededitControl, in MSI Help.

For alpha-Numeric replace # by _
But there is other possibilities with the use of:
^ or ? or '

For more information try the MSI help.

houdeveloper18

houdeveloper18
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 16:54

I have another question on this, if using # for digit, it will beep (signal error) when user entering alphabet. But if using ? or ^ or _ (underscores) it still allows users enter non-alphabet/non-numeric characters. How can we mask it that let users enter only alphabet-numeric characters?
Also is there a simple way to let user enter only Uppercase characters?

Arnaud

Arnaud
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 08:12

I think that the use of ^ can make the trick for the upper case question.

But i'm not sure , since i can't try it now.

Other solutions can be to uppercase the field once the user have put it in his code. (use of a custom action with Install script...)

For the non alpha, non numeric, i don't think that it is very possible.
Maybe by the use of an installscript....

jetgeek

jetgeek
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 20:30

laugh.gif
Howdy,

Ok, so where is all this MASKED edit stuff hide? I am in the process of installing the Windows SDK to go on an Easter Egg hunt, but was wondering if anybody has successfully played with this and got it to work as advertised.

I have successfully tested the serial# issue using <????-?????-????>; Not real sure how the <> and stuff on either side is suppose to work either...

But the uppercase issue still plagues me---NO the ES_UPPERCASE attribute does not work to solve this issue. I know I'm close too...just need a nudge or two...

Hey, the boss of my QA department is betting lunch on this one...All I got to do is CAP this serial string, and my co-worker and I get a free LUNCH!

Tanks!