This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Include Bin files in my msm

3 replies to this topic

Fouad Rziki

Fouad Rziki
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 09:35

Hello all, finally I am also using InstallShield DevStudio smile.gif next to InstallShield 6.31.

I am trying to build a merge module with +/- 10 MB of binary files. wheni build the merge module, it results in an 780kb msm file.

Can someone please tell me how to include the binary files into the msm file during the build.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:19

Did you add the files properly as components to the merge module project? As far as I know the files should be compiled into the merge module when you compile as long as they are included as components.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Fouad Rziki

Fouad Rziki
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:41

Thanx for your reply, yes I did add them as components and yes they were included. ashamed for question. I used Winzip and zipped all the binaries and guess what…. The zipped file also was 780 kb ohmy.gif

i also used "MergeModuleViewerto" to view the files within the specific merge module, and could see that all the files were included.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:45

Nothing like a problem solved, it doesn't matter if it didn't exist in the first place smile.gif.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul