This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Differential build problem with IS 11.5

2 replies to this topic

fjeske

fjeske
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 00:24

I'm building a differential release from previous full one. I have the "Difference" setting per component as "Include If Appropriate" but I'm still getting lots of files included in the differential build that are the same as the full. Oddly, it's component dependent as I have a few components who's files are being correctly excluded. The files themselves are checked into ClearCase so should be quite traceable as being the same from release to release.

Has anyone else seen this out of differential builds from IS 11.5? Is this a known bug? I'm comparing report files between the release and the files are clearly identical. From the docs, it says it compares file contents (MD5), sizes, timestamps and attributes. Is there something else it's comparing that's non-obvious?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 13:37

Attributes includes the "read only" flag, which I think is changed by some source control systems when you check out a file. Maybe something's going wrong there?

fjeske

fjeske
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 00:41

The lines in the report files are identical, including the "R" attribute. Quite mysterious.