This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"Please insert the disk:" while patching from CD

2 replies to this topic

IgorSol

IgorSol
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:25

I have made patch for product by InstallShield Dev 7.02.
(I think InstallShield doesn't matter about this problem).
     When I apply it from CD the "Please insert disk:" message is appeared and I see "Coping new files" under the progress bar.
     If I apply it from any other device then all right.

piece of log-file (/Liwrmovepcau!+ mylog.txt):
//-------------------------------------------
DEBUG: Error 2851:  The data for the icon NewBinary5 is not valid
Internal Error 2851. NewBinary5
DEBUG: Error 2835:  The control ErrorIcon was not found on dialog SetupError
Internal Error 2835. ErrorIcon, SetupError
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Action ended 20:55:21: InstallFinalize. Return value 2.
Action 20:55:21: Rollback. Rolling back action:
//-------------------------------------------
           I think those errors 2835 and 2851 are the consequence of the "dialog SetupError". I suppose that this is MSI bug. It is similar to http://support.micro...b;en-us;Q296742

Could you tell me something about this problem?

thanks.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 18:20

Hi,
   I too am having a similar problem. I think the problem stems from the fact that my original installation had no conditions on the InstallUISequence->ResolveSource action which means that it always prompts for the CD.

The problem is that is seems to be resolving the source before it applies my corrected condition, im using a small update.

Oh and how does ResolveSource work, I was a bit spooked by the MSI help on the media table.  Please tell me the "VolumeLabel" default of DISK1 in the Media table does not have to match the label of my CD.  I saw this in a newsgroup somewhere, this couldnt be the case could it?

craigpost

craigpost
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 15:59

I ran into a similar problem when applying multiple patches on top of each other. If you are updating the same file in two seperate patches it will prompt for the CD because it needs to know what base source to start from.

To get around this, you can check "Use entire files in patch package" and this will kill the need for a source check.

Hope this helps!

-Craig