This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem in showing Required disk space cotrrectly?

1 reply to this topic

pallab lahiri

pallab lahiri
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 06:31

hello,
I am using  SdComponentDialog ( ) to show components available and allowing user to show destination folder too. when I choose  a folder in 'c' drive as destination folder total disk sapce required is shown incorrectly . when no components are chosen the required space is  not  equal to 0 (zero) as should be . this problem is not there when user select his destination folder in other drive except 'c' drive.
why it happens ? and how can I show  required space =0 when 'c' is my destination drive?
please help..........
plahiri[br]kolkata

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 10:15

Hi Pallab,

On installation, IS copies some files to the "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\<PRODUCT_GUID>" folder. IS needs these files for maintenance and uninstallation. So if you select your targetdrive to be C: (or rather, the disk containing your "Program Files" folder), the size of these files get added to the needed DiskSpace, hence you don't get space=0 .

Ide