This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

After InstallFinalize the Property returns default

2 replies to this topic

mcilis

mcilis
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 22:34

Hello,

I have a Basic MSI project. In this project I want to get the selected features (the features that are selected to be installed) and use them After InstallFinalize sequence...

Therefore,

1 - I create a Property (e.g. MyProperty) and give a default value as "1"
2 - In CustomSetup dialog when the Next button is clicked I check the feature as &MyFeature<>3 and call a custom action accordingly...
3 - The custom action is installscript type and calls an InstallScript function which only changes the value of the MyProperty to "0" (by using MsiSetProperty)

There is no problem in here (I checked the property and it has the new value). But when another InstallScript function which is called After InstallFinalize checks the MyProperty value (by using MsiGetProperty); the value of MyProperty is returned as "1" (default value).

I think the changed values are lost after the InstallFinalize execution.

Is it correct? If so, does anyone have any idea to make this scenerio work?

Thanks,

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 14:53

Make sure the property is public (meaning that its name has no lowercase characters, only uppercase). Also include the property name in the SecureCustomProperties property.

This scenario still won't work with silent installs (no Next button where you set your property) but it should get you started.

mcilis

mcilis
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 21:57

Thank you fot the tips.

But I solved the problem by writing the values to the registry.