This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup Prerequisite Conditions

1 reply to this topic

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 23:29

Our software requires SQL Server to be installed to function correctly. We support both SQL 2000 and SQL 2005. I included the Setup Prerequisite for SQL 2005 and everything is hunky-dory... almost. If the target machine has SQL 2000 already installed, I don't want to run the SQL 2005 setup. When I look at the conditions tab in the Prerequisite Editor, I can specify any number of conditions that need to be met. The problem is that all of the conditions need to be met. I can't say as long as any one of these conditions is met, don't install this prereq.

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can accomplish this? Thanks!

-- spdygnlz --

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:59

The SQL2005 prerequisite has a condition that basically says: run this prereq (=install SQL2005) only if SQL2005 is not installed. Now you could add another condition that also has to be met in order to run the prereq: install only if SQL2000 isn't installed. The logic here is a bit confusing, but I think it's what you want: install SQL2005 only if neither SQL2005 nor SQL2000 exists.