This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

idriver.exe error or hanging installations

2 replies to this topic

Donzer

Donzer
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 16:07

sad.gif Hi

I posted a thread about this ages ago but didnt really have ample info for anyone to help.

On some SQL Servers using NT or windows 2000 we are getting idriver.exe errors when installing our software which has been developed in Installshield Developer 8.2. The installation is just a basic set of files - nothing too complicated and isnt happening on every site !!!

Also, some of the machines are just hanging during the instalaltion and not installing the software and not reporting any error messages.

One of our guys out on site detailed this

When the progress bar screen appears nothing happens no %age indicator etc.
Click on Cancel and the timer appears
Open task manager and get Install Sheild not responding
End Task on the Install sheild
Get idriver.exe not responding windows message and the usual options Wait, Cancel, End Task
Click on End Task
Get Install Sheild Error "1628. Failed to complete installation"
Click OK and message goes away.

I cannot find anything in help to assist with this problem which is now happening on more and more sites meaning that our customers cannot install necessary software upgrades.

Can anyone give any help please

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 14:21

Apparently something's hanging your script. Maybe you can run it through the debugger, or insert some message boxes, or log write lines, to find out where it hangs.

Donzer

Donzer
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 17:47

Hi

Yeah I understand that something is hanging somewhere but this is from cds that have worked on hundreds of other sites, so why would it hang on some and not on others?

Also - how can I do debugging on a user's server machine? I know I can make up a log file, but I have piped the information to it, so i dont think that will help me much...

sad.gif