This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Building ism file from commandline

3 replies to this topic

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:46

Hi all
I have worked on installshield and have some knowledge.

My question is ...

Can we build an ism file to .msi or setup.exe from commandline without having installshield on the local machine.

with installshield we can do it with iscmdbuild.exe -p -r and so on. This works perfect i know.

But without having InstallShield can we create setup.exe or .ism file by importing some object or component and run some exe with vb script so that it creats .msi or setup.exe from commandline?/
Thanks and regards
Sarfu

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 09:48

Sorry for multiple post. It was failing with each post ( some mail error) and i tried to repost it.
Moderator -- Please remove the duplicate posts.
Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 16:41

InstallShield Premier (and older versions of Professional, too) has a stand alone build tool which you can install on up to 10 extra machines. You may need to download the tool ("check for updates").

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 19:17

We use the Standalone build tool here where I work. Be aware that it can sometimes take some tweaking to get things right, especially with merge modules and setup prereqs. I recommend installing the 21 day trial along with the Standalone build to get things set up at first.

-- spdygnlz --