This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallScript RunOnce

3 replies to this topic

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 18:23

Where in InstallScript does it populate the RunOnce key? I want to move this value to the Run key. It appears InstallScript adds the RunOnce value to the registry after the OnEnd event. Is there another event after OnEnd event?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 19:34

Are you talking about the RunOnce entry that is created if a reboot is required?There's no other event after OnEnd.

phood

phood
  • Full Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 17:41

If a reboot is required, the installer creates an entry here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

After reboot, this entry starts the installer before anything else can start, including the File Explorer.

I want to move the value in RunOnce to here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

After reboot, the values in the Run key are executed after the File Explorer is started (allowing users to do something with their computer).

Unfortunately, the Installer appears to add the value to RunOnce after all customizable scripts are run. I was wondering if there was a way to make the Installer put the value in Run, or allow my code to run after the RunOnce value is added.

Any thoughts?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 19:30

As a workaround you might be able to set BATCH_INSTALL to false so that InstallShied won't write the RunOnce key and then create a Run your yourself.
Or exit immediately when launched from RunOnce, and add a Run key with a custom command line parameter so you know the setup has been launched from Run.