This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

.NET Integration - Setup.exe/Bootstrap

3 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 22:53

Does anyone know if/how I can use a setup.exe to install the .NET Framework (Bootstrap)?  Is there a Setup.exe I can use for this purpose for InstallShield Windows Installer v2.03?

I know Developer uses this method and I didn't think I would just be able to grab that source Setup.exe for the Windows Installer version.

Hope this is clear! Any info. would be appreciated!!

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 15:33

Would any changes need to be made to setup.ini, as well?

I would guess the files that would need to be replaced reside in:
\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Windows Installer\Redist\Language Independent\i386?

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 15:40

Just for the thrill of it ... I placed the Setup.exe from Developer 8 into my ISWI build environment.  

After building the installation and running, I get an 1158: dialog with a button with no text.

I guess this isn't an option.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 15:46

I guess that error has something to do with setup.ini.  I tried rebuilding the release but got the same errors.  I'm wondering if a registry entry is wrong or something.

Any help with this one would be of GREAT Help because my back is kind of against the wall with this one.