This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Non-Express ism to Express ism Conversion

1 reply to this topic

Joseph

Joseph
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:50

Hi,

I have an .ism which is created using InstallShield (version 12) premier edition. Now we are planning to upgrade to InstallShield 2009 Express. We tried to open our ism file with the evaluation copy of InstallShield 2009 Express. It gives the following error. It shows like our ism is a non-Express version. How to convert this non-Express version to Express version.

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Error:
'C:\file_name.ism' cannot be opened by the Express version of InstallShield because the project appears to have been created with a non-Express versin of the product

-Joseph

Edited by Joseph, 05 February 2009 - 11:51.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 16:45

I don't thnik there's a tool to "down-size" a project file from Proemier to Express. Your project may even use settings that are not supported in Express. What you could try instead (if that's supported in Express, I'm not sure) is to import the .msi file.
Note that you cannot buy the pgrade version of Express if you have Premier. You would have to buy the full version of Express, or upgrade to the latest Premier.