This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Custom Action not executed when it should

5 replies to this topic

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 15:03

I created a CA which should be executed just after "CreateFolders" (it will set the right privileges to my INSTALLDIR).

In the MSI debugger I saw that my CA seems to be launched just after "ISSelfRegisterCosting". At this step of the Setup, the INSTALLDIR is of course not yet created and my CA fails! blink.gif
Once I reach "CreateFolders" it skips my CA and continue with "MoveFiles"...

Where am I wrong?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 17:07

Did you change the PackageCode with each build (InstallShield usually does this automatically for you). Otherwise you may be running an older version.

Generate a verbose log to see what#s going on.

Remember that your custom action must be scheduled for deferred execution.

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:54

Good, I changed the CA to "Deferred action" and the CA occurs at the right place now.
In my doc, it is said that a deferred action should always have a Rollback action though there's no need to create one in this case, that's why I decided to choose the "immediate execution". Obviously I was confused by the documentation. sad.gif

But now I have another poblem, my exe is in the SUPPORTDIR and when I try to invoke it, it seems to be empty. unsure.gif

MsiGetProperty(hMSI, "SUPPORTDIR", svSupportDir, nvSize);

==> SUPPORTDIR = "";

How can I retrieve SUPPORTDIR?

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:54

I compared the 2 modes "immediate" and "deferred":
immediate mode -> SUPPORTDIR is accessible
deferred mode -> SUPPORTDIR is empty
There's a lot of posts about this topic but cannot find any good hint to solve the problem.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:04

Yes, that's expected. You will need to use the CustomActionData detour.

kgiloo

kgiloo
  • Full Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 16:15

That's okay!

The link I used to handle the tricky CustomActionData:
http://www.installsi...s/en/msi/ca.htm

Nevertheless, I'am a bit disappointed that my privileges are just set for the installdir folder only and not for the subfolders and files copied in installdir like it used to work with IS6. dry.gif