This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Vista AdminGroup User Permissions problem

2 replies to this topic

ms_sathya

ms_sathya
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 20:45

I'm using the "LockPermissions" table to set permissions for a particular file installed in programs files\product folder . As per the permissions set, users of the Administrators Group have full access to the file, whereas every other user is denied even read access.

LockPermissions table entry:
LockObject | Table | Domain | User | Permission
---------------------------------------------------------------------
File1 | File | [blank] | Administrators | 268435456

The above permission works fine on all windows flavors as well as in the case of Vista built-in administrator user account. However on Vista, when i run the installation in a user, say "Matt", who is a part of the "administrators" group, the user is not able to open the file. The installer is run in the elevated mode.

Note: This installer is intended to run on different flavors of windows and I do not want to set the permissions specifically for the current user. all i'm trying to do is any user who is part of the admin group should get full access to the file. How can i get this done for Vista?

Thanks,
Sathya.

Edited by ms_sathya, 27 September 2009 - 20:55.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 20:09

If I recall correctly, elevation runs that part of the install in the LocalSystem account.

ms_sathya

ms_sathya
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:47

I tried setting the file permissions manually after the file is installed. I removed all the user permissions to this file except for SYSTEM account and Administrators Group to have full access. After doing this, the current user (who is part of the admin group) is not able to access the file.

Is this a known issue on Vista?