This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Install For Current User

4 replies to this topic

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 20:52

Hi, everyone,

I'm currently using the InstallShield Develper 7.0 SP 4 (Standard Project) to create a setup. The setup is supposed to install the product only in the current user account. The setup runs fine when I use manual install. However, when I use silent install, the product's program folder shortcut also shows up on the "Start -- All Programs" menu in the other user's account. This doesn't happen when I use manual install. (Both users are Administrators.) Does anyone know why the above setup has different results in manual install and silent install? Can anyone give me a suggestion about how to make the silen install to have the same result as the manual install? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thank you.

John

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 13:53

It sounds like your silent install is installing for all users. Do you do any setting of the ALLUSERS property, perhaps in the UI sequence but not in the Execute sequence?
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 20:40

Hi, Kathy,

Thanks for your help. Here's some more information about my project. In my project, in the "Property Manager" view, there's no ALLUSERS property. In the "Sequences" view, for the custom action "Sequences\\Installation\\User Interface\\ISSetAllUsers", Sequence Number = "10", Condition = "Not Installed". For the custom action "Sequences\\Installation\\Execute\\ISSetAllUsers", Sequence Number = "10", Condition = "Not Installed". For the custom action "Sequences\\Installation\\Execute\\SetAllUsersProfileNT", Sequence Number = "320", Condition = "VersionNT = 400". For the custom action "Sequences\\Installation\\Execute\\SetAllUsersProfile2K", Sequence Number = "330", Condition = "VersionNT >= 500". Is it there anything that I need to change to fix the problem in silent install? Thank you.

John

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 14:22

Those custom actions you mentioned are InstallShield "standard" actions and shouldn't be causing your problem. Have you tried logging the silent installation to see if that shows the issue?
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 20:47

Hi, Kathy,

Thanks for your help again. In the setup.iss file, I see the line "nvUser=0".
This line is recorded when I use the manual install. However, in silent install,
somehow this line doesn't get picked up. Anyway, I have other works to do now.
I can only come back to this issue when I have time. Thanks a lot for your help.

John