This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Execute Batch File as Pre Build Step

4 replies to this topic

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 September 2002 - 20:52

By chance, did IS add an option to execute batch files as a pre-build step instead of just a post-build step?  In the meantime, I've been doing it manually, but thought I'd ask just in case.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 09:42

No, only post build (or complete beatch build), but no pre build batch in Pro 7.00. (Maybe submit this as feature request to InstallShield?)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 13:04

True, there is the complete batch build.  Haven't gotten into those yet, and won't until the next release of our product, but didn't think of that.

But yeah, was planning on submitting it if they hadn't already beaten me to it.

Thanks for the reply Stefan.

user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 19:09

There's even a menu option to generate a batch file to start from (not sure if that existsed in Pro 6)

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 September 2002 - 19:41

Yes, there is such a menu option and I've read the help topics.  Just don't want to get into that until the next cut of our software as I'm trying to keep the install changes to a minimum for this release.  I'll also be given more time to work on the install at that point.
user posted image