This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to sign a Installshield file?

4 replies to this topic

DistillingInstallShield

DistillingInstallShield
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 13:44

Hi,

I am generating an installation file using Installshield Professional 2.03 (very old I guess). Inside this file I have a componet that requires a key for the end user. When trying to install my software with a Janus component, users receive the following message:
"This application is using an unregistered component from Janus Systems."

Is there a possibility to sign this component in the moment I am creating it in Installshield?

I have the key for the installation when I use Janus in development environment, but wouldn't like my user to have to install it and also to have the key for the third-party software (Janus).

Thank you in advance.

Edited by DistillingInstallShield, 20 October 2010 - 13:45.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:43

Is there a possibility to sign this component in the moment I am creating it in Installshield?
No, I don't think that's possiblke in this version. You would have to sign the file before you package it into your setup.

but wouldn't like my user to have to install it and also to have the key for the third-party software (Janus).

"unsigned" and "unregistered" are not the same. If a key or licnese is required to redistribute this component you probably need ot ship it to your customer. You need to ask Janus (or check their documentation).

DistillingInstallShield

DistillingInstallShield
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 14:22

Thanks for your message.

Now I am getting another message only in Windows 7:
"Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer"?

Any clue on how do I remove this message?

Thank you in advance.

jcarlos10

jcarlos10
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 17:10

That must be the User Account Control dialog.

That's part of the Windows Security, and although it is possible to disable it probably your clients/users won't want to do it.

I recommend you get used to it wink.gif

Regards,
Juan C. Becerra

DistillingInstallShield

DistillingInstallShield
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:44

It was fixed by using this:
http://msdn.microsof...yaz(VS.80).aspx