This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Edit box does not refresh :-(

3 replies to this topic

MichaelUs

MichaelUs
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:22

Hello, all!
My situation is : I have a custom dialog box and edit box control on it (enabled and visible, so, user can type in this edit box). The property connected to this edit box is _PROP. Also I have a push button, that activates the custom action, where I change the value of _PROP. In the behaviour tab of my push button I use the following rows for refresh edit box content :

DoAction     CustomActionName     1
[_PROP]      [_PROP]                    1

My problem is : this approach works fine, but only in situation, when user did not type any characters in edit box... If I type even space bar, and, after that, activate my custom action and change property _PROP, my edit box does not refresh :(. The actual value of property is changed (I check for it).
It seems as next bug of Win Installer... Isn't it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Michael

MichaelUs

MichaelUs
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 16:54

This is a self-reply :-))). I resolve this problem for C++ custom actions... Now all working fine.

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 11:58

I had this probelm a while ago myself... is there any way to get round it using just InstallScript custom actions?

MichaelUs

MichaelUs
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 14:17

Hello, Jonathan.
I did not try to resolve this problem with IS Script CA, because I usually work with Basic MSI projects, and prefer the C++ custom actions. But as I know, you can use some Windows API functions in IS Script, so, my approach can be useful for you