This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remove Program

3 replies to this topic

Slipped

Slipped
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 21:17

Hi Everyone,

I have a program I made, and when I try to remove it from Add/Remove programs in control panel, it appears to be uninstalled successfully. However, when I go back into the Add/Remove Programs section, it is still there. It did remove all the services that I had installed and all the files, virtual directories etc, the only problem is it still appears in the Add/Remove section, and I can't reinstall without getting a prompt to repair/upgrade. There are no errors in the event log.

If I try uninstalling it by running the setup again, that works fine. With that method, I used an install log and I didn't see anything wrong in there.

Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot this?

Thanks

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:05

Sounds a bit weird to me. Maybe a test version of the product was installed with the same product/package codes as you new one?

You should be able to find out some of the information my running the uninstall with logging on, and the running the install again with logging on. This should hopefully point to the cause of the problem.

Slipped

Slipped
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 15:39

Hi, thanks for the advice.

I was installing on a clean system, and I've installed on several other systems with the same result. I have tried installing and uninstalling with the log file when I install by clicking on my setup program, and I have found nothing wrong in there. The only place it doesn't work is from the add/remove program screen. Is there any way to create a log file from there?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 12:25

You can set a registry entry to generate a log:

How do I create a log file of my installation?
http://www.msifaq.com/a/1022.htm