This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Can not use Install Location of feature ????

3 replies to this topic

Naresh.Ch

Naresh.Ch
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:46

Hi,

I am using Install Shield Premium 10.0. I have two features in my Universal Installer Project.

I want to specify, two different install locations for these two features.So after providing the Install location of the product , I am providing the relative path in the Install location property of the feature1 and feature2. But it the installer is ignoring this and creating uninstallers only at the location specified in the install location of the product. Same thing is observed even when I used absolute path.

Is it a bug? or do i need to enable something to have this effect ?

Thanx in advance and hopin an early reply.....

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:46

Moving question to appropriate forum (also removed duplicate post)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:48

I'm not too familiar with Universal projects. Is there also an install location at the component level?

Naresh.Ch

Naresh.Ch
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 13:51

Hi Stefan,

Thnx for ur reply.

Yep, we can specify the install location both at feature level and component level. But installer is ignoring the location provided either at feature/component level.

I am creating a simple installer which will move the files to the desired location of the user. I am using the "temp" directory of windows for this and the purpose of uninstaller has to delete that.

Ofcourse, as it(temp) is a volatile space, I dont even need an unstaller mandatorily. So is there a way to disable the uninstall action, I mean I dont need any uninstaller.

Hey, Sorry for posting the question at wrong place.

Regards,
Naresh.Ch