This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RunOnce registry entry

2 replies to this topic

Gareth at Serif

Gareth at Serif
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:28

Hi guys,

I have added a new launch condition to comply with Vista's logo testing to not run the installation while a previous reboot request still exists on the system. As such, it'd be nice if in this case a registry entry were added to the RunOnce area so that the installation will run itself after said reboot. Is there any method of forcing a component containing registry values to get written to the registry even when the launch condition forces the install to not launch without using a custom action within a DLL? I'd have thought that this kind of behaviour would be part of the standard MSI functionality somewhere, but I can't find it.

Many thanks,
Gareth

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:54

Doubt it given that the LaunchConditions standard action is early in the execute sequence. I suppose you could try to move it later in the sequence, but knowing MSI this is playing with fire and running with scissors at the same time. I would do a VBScript custom action and insert it prior to the LaunchConditions standard action as a first attempt.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:20

The RunOnce entry would have to be written by your custom action. However I don't recommend doing this for two reasons:
- It's not common practice, so it might confuse users.
- It's not clear which setup will run first after the reboot: yours or the one that has the reboot pending.