This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

More DLL woes

1 reply to this topic

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 14:46

Just been reading various posts about this - which have filled me with dread!

During the user input stage of the install I have to use a DLL to browse network paths (ISWI unaccountably seems to have no way to do this). So the DLL will still be in the binary table at this point. It also needs a number of text parameters as it has to cater for several languages. How do I call it? From a CA - in which case how do I get at the input strings which will be in the string table, and how do I pass them. Or from a script, in which case do I have to stream the DLL from the binary table first?

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2001 - 17:06

Well, there seems to be something magical about posting to a group like this - you end up finding the answer yourself shortly afterwards.
I have to say that this is a first for me - namely that ISWI provides some functionality which is coherently and correctly documented, and then actually works. Strings into properties via a script, custom action wizard to define parameters as properties - and away it goes and works (albeit slowly) first time. I am genuinely amazed.