This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Specifiying a file

3 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 October 2001 - 16:35

There are several dialog functions that allow the "end user" to select a directory. However, there don't seem to be any for allowing the user to select a specific (pre-existing) file. I need to be able to do this to set a configuration parameter as part of the install. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2001 - 23:16

I found an answer to this in case anyone needs this. The example is not for this product, but I think it will work:

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q104325

abraxas

abraxas
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 December 2001 - 13:40

Thanks for posting an answer to your own question - I had the same question as of today, and I found an answer right away.  Bob Rouse was my favourite Toronto Maple Leaf defenceman (he also played for the Detroit Red Wings... yuck).  Are you him? :)

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 December 2001 - 15:05

Ha-ha! If I was him, do you think I'd be slogging through InstallShield?.. Actually, I have a few news clippings about him on the wall of my desk... always good for a laugh...