This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Call Custom Action Only when Uninstalling

2 replies to this topic

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 13:44

I have a COM dll that is registered using ComServer component and make self register = Yes done in the property of the key generated.
However while un-installation it is deleting from the folder where it is installed.

But when viewed using the regedit the clsid section shows the com dll registration is present in the registry.

Now if I do regsvr32/u <dllname.dll> it gets un-registered.

So i want to write a VB script that will be called only at the time of un-installation for removing the registry entry of clsid for his dll.

The script has to be fired after completion of uninstalling, as if I uninstall it before then general uninstall activity will get hampered as it will not find the log of the file.

Is it possible to call a script at the end of uninstalling?
Thanks
Sanjoygr@yahoo.co.in

Edited by sanjoygr, 16 March 2006 - 14:53.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 22:54

You can give the custom action a condition or "REMOVE", or you could set the custom action to run on the finish button of the uninstall complete dialog.

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:13

Thanks for ur reply. I will do as per your advice. Presently my problem in changing the values of INSTALLDIR or _BrowseProperty to a fixed folder value under user selected drive.
The detail is in folowing address.
http://forum.install...topic=14527&hl=

Can u give some suggestion or solution for that.
Thanks
Sanjoy