This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shell32.dll

4 replies to this topic

andi3007

andi3007
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 18:52

We have problems to install our product under Windows NT4.0 because a ocx-file need the shell32.dll. I know the file comes with Internet Explorer. But is there a merge modul for that. Another problem is the Shlwapi.dll, which are not installed with Windows NT4.0.

Petch

Petch
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 10:44

Not that I have heard of. If you are shipping Shlwapi.dll maku sure you include Wininet.dll also.

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 17:03

Shlwapi.dll is part of Internet Explorer 4 and higher (Note that IE 5.0 has a newer version, with new functions not present in older versions). It can only be distributed as part of Internet Explorer 4.

The usual solution is to add IE4 as an requirement to run your app.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 10:35

Most applications require Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 (I think even the Installshield loader - the setup.exe requires this).

I don't know for sure, but I would bet that the files you mention (at least shell32.dll) are installed with service pack 6. As such you could use the "ServicePackLevel" property to check that Sp6 is installed and disallow installation if it is not.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 09:49

Shell32.dll version 4.0.1381.4 is installed with Windows NT service pack 3.
In general, if you wonder what products carry a system file, check out
http://support.micro...sp&SD=MSDN&FR=0