This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

multiple msi

2 replies to this topic

giugio

giugio
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:54

Hi.
I must reedistruibuite a project with a motitude of subproject,that are standalone programs that run indipendently.
I think to divide this installation with a msi for each subproject,and a base setup.exe that launch the msi subproject with an interface.
I think to launch those msi with a parameter that is the targetdir , but i not able to comunicate at all the msi the targetdir base.
thanks

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 15:34

Are you using INSTALLDIR?

MSIExec /i [whatever.msi] INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Whatever" [other swicthes]
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

spdygnlz

spdygnlz
  • Full Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 18:07

This might be off the original subject, but are you trying to launch multiple MSIs from within another MSI? I don't think that's supposed to work. If you're wanting to launch the MSIs from an InstallScript (or other non-MSI technology) you would use the command line specified by VBScab for each one.

TargetDir is usually used in Installscript projects and INSTALLDIR is used in MSI projects. I think they roughly translate into the same thing, although I believe there are some gotchas when using an Installscript MSI project.

-- spdygnlz --