This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Extracting EXE

6 replies to this topic

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 19:09

I am creating an EXE which contains files required for the application + plus JavaRuntime.EXE. The files including the EXE are getting copied onto the Install Directory.

The problem is I am not able to execute JavaRuntime.exe after the file are copied onto the Install Directory.

I would really appreciate suggestions on how to handle this.

Thanks,
SC

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 21:33

The other way I tried to do this, is by adding JavaRuntime.exe via Set up Files -> Language Independent

But not sure when to invoke this via Execute Sequence in BASIC MSI.

Also, the user just wants one EXE for him to Install

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 14:20

Could this be a problem with the current working directory? Which in this case is NOT the directory where the files have been extracted or installed, but something like the System folder.

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 16:18

JRE installer is failing with "Error 1500, Another installation is in progress".

I have a CA and I placed it in the Execute Sequence after InstallFinalize. I am not quite sure, where exactly I need to place this Event to avoid this scenario.

I am using BASIC MSI.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 16:46

Maybe the JRE setup is using MSI, too? In this case you could out the custom action in the UI sequence. However a better solution would be to run the two setups sequentially, using a launcher.exe.

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 17:05

Yes, JRE is using MSI too.
I have no idea on how the launcher.exe works, can you refer me to any kind of DOC.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 November 2004 - 17:48

You could try this for instance:
http://www.codeproje...etInstaller.asp