This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Password protect uninstall

4 replies to this topic

jspelbring

jspelbring
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 20:20

I've got a project that I rewrote for Basic MSI (it was an ancient InstallScript v6 or so). One of the requirements is to have the user prompted for a password in order to complete the uninstall. No password, or wrong password should abort the installer.

In InstallScript world, it worked fine, but as a basic MSI, I can't figure out how to insert a dialog (to get the password) between clicking "remove" on the Add/Remove Programs dialog and the "Are you sure you want to remove [PRODUCT]" dialog.

Everything works correctly when uninstalling using setup.exe.

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks.

If it matters, the target systems are XP, Server2003, Server2008. I'm using InstallShield 2009.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 16:00

Since the UI sequence doesn't run in this situation, you coudl instead insert a custom action in the execute sequence that displays a dialog.

jspelbring

jspelbring
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 16:03

Stephan,

That was what I thought, but even in the execute sequence, it doesn't want to show up. I even created a custom action that just pops up a message box with no conditions. I added it to both the UI and Execute sequences. It shows up during install, but not during uninstall via Add/Remove Programs.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 18:41

Then you should generate a log to see why your custom action doesn't fire.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:16

Hi,

Can you add the Custom action after InstallFinalize action and check it once?