This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Force a reboot

1 reply to this topic

Jason Frazee

Jason Frazee
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 16:48

Hi,

I am trying to do a couple of things with my install, and I can't seem to find help or examples anywhere on how to accomplish them.  Here is my scenario:

First, I am trying to detect if a user has a current version of IE.  If so, then I move on.  If not, then I want to install a newer version (5.5 to be exact).  

After that particular install, I am trying to install MSDE2000 on top of IE.  The problem that I am running into is that IE needs to reboot in order for MSDE2000 to use IE's registered .dlls.

Currently, I am using LaunchAppandWait from custom InstallScripts to launch the applications.  

The problem is that the target machine MUST BE rebooted in order for IE to register its .dlls and so MSDE2000 will install.

My questions are:

How do I force a reboot?
  After I force a reboot, how do I tell the installation to pick up from where it left off?

Also, I am still installing another piece of software(what InstallShield is being used for) after I install these other applications.

If anyone has any answers or can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

ramaswamy

ramaswamy
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 00:14

Use the command

System(SYS_BOOTMACHINE);
exit;