This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

running scripts at the end of installation

1 reply to this topic

GOGO

GOGO
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 15:40

I would like a batch file(which creates a DB) to be run at the end of installation.
However, I am having difficulties. I am not sure which option to sellect when creating a Custom Action with the Wizard.

I've tried several combinations(type: executable/ Location: "Stored in the binnary table" and "installed with the product") ; ( type: Run VBscript/ Location: "Stored in the binnary table" and "installed with the product"), but I can't get the batch file to execute at the end of installation. ( For the VBScript option, I wrote a script that calls the .bat file)

I also sellected "Commit execution" and placed the Custom Action before "Install Finalize".

I came across errors 2715( when selecting type: executable) and 2762( when trying the VB script option).

Obviously I am doing something wrong....but I am not sure what. My goal is to have the batch file run at the end of installation. The software installs without the custom action as expected.

Thanks a lot!

GOGO

Edited by GOGO, 06 May 2004 - 15:41.

GOGO

GOGO
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 16:15

Ok I got it...in install script i wrote a function that uses the function LaunchAppAndWait and calles the batch file. The function is triggered with a custom action after install finalize in the execute sequence....