This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ALLUSERS property problem

3 replies to this topic

Philippe

Philippe
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 16:24

Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem using the ALLUSERS property.
I've added CmdLine=ALLUSERS=1 in the startup section of the setup.ini.

The installation is done by an administrator but when the user (that doesn't have
administrator rights) logs on and tries to use my app, the installer comes up again
and tries to register some COM dll's.

I thought adding the line in the setup.ini would solve this problem but it didn't. I also tried to ALLUSERS=1 to the property table but with the same result.

I know it is not the best practice to use the SelfReg setting, but can anybody help me with this ?

Thanks,
Philippe

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 January 2004 - 17:04

Look in the eventlog to determine which component needed installation. Probably this component has a HKCU setting as a key path.

Philippe

Philippe
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:46

I allready checked that but all the entries are in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...

Zweitze

Zweitze
  • Full Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 17:34

Create a log and see what the real value of ALLUSERS was during installation.
For instance, my setup has records in the Upgrade table. Because of that, ISWI (1.52) decides to include a custom action ISSetAllUsers in the Install sequences. I can only see this action in Orca, after building the MSI.

Note: My situation may not apply to you, but remember that ALLUSERS is just a property, that can be set by any custom action.