This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSIEXEC.EXE file is linked to missing export ...

1 reply to this topic

Molvse

Molvse
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 03:53

In Windows ME,
Sometimes, when I install my product, the installshield pops this error message "MSIEXEC.EXE file is linked to missing export MSI.DLL:222"
I have known this problem is caused by conflict by Installer 1.2 with Installer 2.0.
I think this conflict is solved in other OS , Installshield uses own Install2.0 (msi.dll for 2.0) and suppress reboot. after reboot ,The Windows is updated with installer2.0.
But Why do the problem still appear in Windows ME why???
I know that the system will be ok after I push OK and reboot .
But My customer don't see any error message !!
someone saves me .
It is emergency!!!!
thanks thanks thanks

its_me

its_me
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:10

yeah it is a known issue ....

The user can be asked to upgrade the msi by running teh instmsi applications first, before running your setup.
That is the recommended way in even the Microsoft products.

Another work around that can be provided is to write a wrapper to the Setup.exe generated.
As a standard, this wrapper exe can be named as setup.exe while the original setup.exe can be named say run.exe.
This wrapper exe should enumerate this error windows title ie "Error Starting Program" and then when it finds it should send an OK message so that it gets closed even without the user seeing it. This wrapper should also be calling the actual setup.exe now renamed as run.exe

I hope this helps