This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrading Legacy Applications

6 replies to this topic

Eoin

Eoin
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2001 - 17:35

After checking for legacy applications, when a particular file is found a directory property is set to point to that particular directory. I'm having problems trying to set this directory to become the installation directory.

ezk

ezk
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2001 - 21:48

Buried here in upgrades and patches is another person with the EXACT SAME QUESTION that I have. I wish I knew the answer... The obvious thing to try was using the setTargetPath control event, but I can't seem to get that to work. Any ideas? Anyone?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 March 2001 - 08:43

Have you tried to specify INSTALLDIR in the property column of the AppSearch table?

ezk

ezk
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 22:02

I've finally figured this out, and it's ridiculously easy once you know the trick. In other places (Microsoft SDK) it's well documented how to use AppSearch to find a path and set a custom property to that path. So suppose you do that and set a property called MyPath which points to the path of your legacy app- a 1 line VB Script custom action will do what you need- the magic words are:
Session.Property("INSTALLDIR")=Session.Property("MyPath")

ezk

ezk
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 22:04

Also, I did not see Stephen's post until just now. I never did try what he's suggested.

ezk

ezk
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2001 - 22:06

Um- Stefan- sorry, Stefan. (You'd think I'd be able to spell the moderator's name correctly!)