This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SOURCEDIR & it's value in registry after a Repair

2 replies to this topic

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:10

To get a video to run off the CD, I use a string value
[SOURCEDIR]\Demos and set the path in the registry.

The [SOURCEDIR]\Demos resolves to (say) D:\Demos in the registry and the video runs from the CD ROM drive.

The problem is that when the repair option in the dialog is used, the drive letter 'D:\' disappears from the registry and I'm left with 'Demos'.

I have tried changing the case to [SourceDir] and have also tried using [SETUPEXEDIR]. Both enter the correct drive letter in the registry but the drive letter disappears after a repair.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company

gstock

gstock
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 16:21

SOURCEDIR only gets set during an install. It gets set by the ResolveSource action. If you try to run ResolveSource on anything other then an install, you will usually get a prompt asking for the CD media.

Instead of using SOURCEDIR get the value from the registry instead. Or if you don't need the value to repair the registry, jsut set a condition on that registry action to only be set during an install.

Tyler Curtis

Tyler Curtis
  • Full Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 19:05

> set a condition on that registry action to only be set during an install.

I'll go after it this way,

Thanks for the help! smile.gif
Thanks!
Tyler Curtis
Craftsman Book Company