This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

InstallChangeFolder UI

3 replies to this topic

EricGentry

EricGentry
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2001 - 03:47

Hi all,

I would like to change the behavior of the DirectoryCombo control on the InstallChangeFolder UI screen.

Instead of replacing the entire path specified in Tail (or PathEdit), it would only replace the first letter.

i.e.   "C:\Program Files\Manufacturer"
      would change to...
        "D:\Program Files\Manufacturer"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2001 - 22:11

I am not sure what tool you are using to build your installs, but you may be able to use ORCA to edit your final MSI package and do a bit of manipulating.  

The Combo controls set the value of a property with the selection control event.  You may be able to split your path into two pieces (i.e. VOLUME and PATH) and display a concatenated version [VOLUME][PATH] for the user.  Then allow the combo to change *only* the VOLUME information.  

You may want to consider doing this in conjunction with a VolumeSelectCombo to allow either half of the path to be edited.

I have not had the opportunity to test this, yet, but it may be a viable option for what you are attempting.

EricGentry

EricGentry
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2001 - 22:28

Steve,

Thanks.  I had assumed something like that, but was hoping that others would have already run into it and had it working.

Eric