This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Remove default Games

5 replies to this topic

HFeight

HFeight
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 16:57

I am trying to remove Pinball, Sol,  MineSweeper. FreeCell.  I have found the sysoc.inf to unhide them then remove through Add/Remove, but I would think there is an easier way to remove these from allot of machines.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 17:06

You should be able to read the uninstall command from registry and launch it as custom action.

HFeight

HFeight
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 17:42

I have looked through the registry and do not find any uninstall entries for Games or Pinball?

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 March 2001 - 20:49

I think you will find that these games are installed as part of the OS, and thus can't be installed with Windows Installer.  The installer will only remove those files it initially installed.

That said, it should be simple enough to create a short VBScript that you can run on the machines that will remove the files, by filename.  Then you can include the script into your MSI package as a Custom Action, if you wish.

HFeight

HFeight
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2001 - 15:16

knew I could figure it out:

make this in a file called ocm.txt

[Components]
freecell=off
minesweeper=off
pinball=off
solitaire=off