This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

trying to get smaller logo to show in setup screens

2 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam
  • Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 20:52

im also trying to add a miniture logo in the actual setup screens --> i am placing it over the "computer monitor" in the blue part of background.

yet everytime i close the dialog editor it reverts to behind the background. no matter how many tiems i hit bring to front it will only stay in front till i hit th eclose button, then it reverts to going behind.

any ideas

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 13:10

Instead of placing your image over the top of the existing installshield  banner, why not open the installshield banner in PAINT and edit it, its located:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional - Windows Installer Edition\Redist\Language Independent\OS Independent\IsDialogBanner.ibd

Just replace the installshield ugly thing with your own design.  Save as a different file (With the .ibd extension) and then modify the FileName property of the Bitmap control.

You now have an image of correct size for the dialog without problems with the focus.

Tadaaa!

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 23:56

Dave I,

Excellent!  And for those of us that prefer to use ORCA, you can do the same kind of thing by creating your own .bmp file to use as a control and then importing it as a string into the Binary Table.  Then you can assign your custom bitmap to any bitmap control.

Now the interesting part ... WI will scale the bitmap to the size of the control.  The moral of that story is that you want to keep some kind of perspective control, but you can create bitmaps of virtually anything to pretty-up your installer package.

As an example, the default UI uses something called dlgbmp that they imported to the Binary Table and use extensively in the product.  Then they assigned this name (from the Binary Table) to the Property Table as the Property DialogBitmap.  Then they assigned the value of the property to the various dialogs (WelcomeDlg, for example) as the Text column entry in the Control Table for the bitmap control.  You can use the same process to customize your dialogs.

Similarly, you can declare different TextStyle entries for the font styles you want to use (including colors) and use them in defining the Text column of your Text controls (or other controls that have text elements).

That said, I would keep this bit of knowledge from your creative services folks until you have your install working ... otherwise, you may well be deluged with "Let's try that in green ..." requests.  :-)