This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install in the right order

3 replies to this topic

rockafeller74

rockafeller74
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 15:14

I'm very new with this Windows Installer. I have some dll for installation package. However, some dll are required to be registered first before other dll. So how do you make them in the right order? Do you have to do custom actions?

Thx.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 08:44

You would have to call regsver32.exe in a custom action. Note however that this is not good practice. Instead you should populate the CLSID etc. tables and not use self registration. This is described in the docs.

rockafeller74

rockafeller74
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 11:10

Sorry that i dont explain it in detail. Actually the dll is COM+ and I used InstallShield Dev 8. I believe that the software has some features to handle COM+ application. So can I use that features for installing COM+ in the right order?

One more thing, there is a feature in InstallShield Dev 8 to create a virtual directory in IIS. So i dont have to use a vbscript to create it right?

Thx smile.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:39

Dev8 has no built in support for COM+ applications (only for COM). InstallShield DevStudio 9 which is currently in beta will have COM+ support.