This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing dialog's look and feel

3 replies to this topic

mouy

mouy
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 23:19

Hi,

Does anyone know how to export the dialogs successfully and change the look and feel?

When I exported my dialogs, I couldnt open it in Visual C++ because of the .ibd files. Visual C++ was saying someting like they were'nt bmp maps.

Once I edited the code directly and tried again, the dialogs were all squashed and bad.

How can I change the look and feel of the dialog boxes? Any articles etc?

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 00:05

Why don't you use the dialog editor in InstallShield?

spacer21

spacer21
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:13

hi,

how can i change the look and feel in basic msi project?

i changed the splash bitmap of my project but after build when i run it; it displays the default image on splash bitmap dialog box but the banners on other dialogs were changed. i searched and i found that it can be changed after build using ORCA. but this s/w does not gives the facility to edit dialog box look and feel. it only let us preview.

can i change image using tables? because it let us modify table. but in the control table there is no column for image path.

any help will be grateful.
thnx in advance.

regards

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 14:02

Some of the dialogs in an installation sequence come from msi.dll I think. Don't ever change the dialogs in this file, it is a protected windows file.

You can change some banners and some images in Basic MSI dialogs, but not much more.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul