This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SFC Can't create CLSID on system keys

2 replies to this topic

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:47

Hi,
I want to install a registry key under hkcr\clsid\{guid}\InProcServer32
with New as Key and dummy as value. This is for Windows 7

I have added this key in component.

But I am not able to create the key.
The MSI log says.

SFC: The following entry was not added, because its key is protected by Windows: Key: \Software\Classes\CLSID\{EA502722-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}\s
erver Name:

SFC: Cannot create the following key due to windows protection: \Software\Classes\CLSID\{EA502722-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}

I there a way or some attributes so that i create the keys here ?

Does LockPermissions table help here ?

Please let me know.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 13:03

That GUID belongs to GPEdit.DLL which contains most of the functionality for the Group Policy Editor. I wasn't aware that that file was under file protection. I guess it's true that you learn something every day.

If the purpose of editing that entry is to repair it, I'd suggest using the SFC utility.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

sarfu

sarfu
  • Full Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 13:19

Thanks a lot for the reply..

yes it belongs to GPEdit.

We dont want to repair it. For some reason, We need to create a sub key under this Key with Name and Values.

Can u pls suggest some thing? SFC will not help here as I need to add a sub key under this key.