This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IIS Configuration

3 replies to this topic

burked

burked
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 August 2002 - 18:43

I'm trying to configure a new virtual directory in IIS.  I can't seem to get it to work.  Has anyone done it through InstallShield?  I've tried writing a dll to make the call using COM, but I can't get it to compile:  build ends with unresolved external for _IID_IMSAdminBase_W and _CLSID_MSAdminBase_W.

Any ideas?

thanks,
daren
Daren Burke

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 August 2002 - 14:54

I did this earlier with calls to a DLL, but I think you might be linking to wrong libraries from your DLL, since you appear to be using the UNICODE calls (they end with the W) instead of the non-unicode calls (typically end with A).

I have also seen samples (I think they are here or on CodeProject.Com) about using VBS scripts to create the IIS virtual directories, and you launch the VBS scripts from within your installation.

dbareis

dbareis
  • Full Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:39

You can write some relatively simple VBSCRIPT using ADSI (search for "GetObject" and "IIsWebVirtualDir").

Bye
Dennis
---
Dennis Bareis (dbareis@No.Spam.gmail.com)
Free MSI update/creation tool (MAKEMSI):
http://users.cyberon...eis/makemsi.htm

winslow_paradise

winslow_paradise
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 11:47

You can have a look at Microsoft knowledge base, article 188954: Create and Delete Virtual Directories in IIS 4.0. You will find CrtVDirdD tool.

CrtVDirD.exe is a self extracting executable that contains a Visual C++ sample that demonstrates how to add and delete Virtual Directories and Applications in Internet Information Server (IIS) 4.0 using the IIS Admin Base Object and the IWamAdmin Object. The sample was built with Visual C++ 5.0.

/Winslow