This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Existing IS11 project

1 reply to this topic

IS11noob

IS11noob
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 20:05

Hello,

I have an exsiting IS11 project that I am having to take control of. I am a total noob when it comes to IS. I have added some file updates and a couple other things, but now my bosses are wanting me to add .NET detection. So I've created a dialog that has text and a button on it. I want it so when they click the button it will run a custom action that I have created (basically its a vbs file that checks the registry for .Net and starts the install if they don't have it). My problem is that I have no idea on how to add my dialog into the Installscript and how to program the button to fire that custom action. Please any help would be useful.

Thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 20:00

In the Release Wizard there's an option to install the .NET Framework. This might be an easier solution.
Regarding your dialog question: did you read help topic Creating Installations > Defining the End User Interface > Working with Dialogs ?