This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

two install directories

4 replies to this topic

magicien

magicien
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2001 - 15:34

In my installation project , I need two installation directories; for the first i use [INSTALLDIR] as installation directory but for the second i want to use the same way as INSTALLDIR. I don't know exactely how to do , i just know that i need a property ...
thanks ...

Leo

Leo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2001 - 16:37

Could you explain the problem ?
You may create a set of components for one dir (f.e. - default destination, [INSTALLDIR]) and other set of components with fixed path specified (f.e. [ProgramFilesFolder\Your second path]) as a destination dir. Or I've got something wrong ?

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 08:47

Do you want to use it only in script code or also in component and feature definitions ?

Simon

Simon
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2001 - 09:55

In Step 2 add a folder DIRVAR at the root or wherever you like.

In the Advanced View add a Property of the same name and give it a default value.  

In the Setup Design make sure your components are setup to install to this default dir., the components destination should look like {DIRVAR}default location  i.e. {DIRVAR}C:\Program Files\My Second Install Dir.

The variable can now be accessed from Install script using MsiSetProperty.

Thomas Ulrich

Thomas Ulrich
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 December 2001 - 17:32

Hello,

I solved such a problem on a different way.

I set INSTALLDIR for example c:\ and created then to subfolders. In Directory Table you can give your subfolders  "names" so that you don`t need to write the path every time ( e.g. test stands for INSTALLDIR\\yourapp\\test)

Regards
Thomas