This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Msxml4 Error on client machine

4 replies to this topic

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 February 2002 - 17:16

Hi all,

I have a component in my installation that referernces msxml4.dll.

As I saw from a few posts i have installed this with msxml4r.dll, and msxml4a.dll, however I get the following error on the client machine.
Run Time Error -2147221231(80040444)
Automation Error
ClassFactory cannot supply requested class.

from looking around, this appears to be something to do with the fact that ServerXMLHTTP  is not supported. I tried the installation with both with the msxml 3 mergemodule and msxml4 merge module included but to no avail.
The machine is windows 2000 Operating System with IE6.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for any help
Berni

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 00:30

Did the machine previously have any beta installations of the XML parser?  You might try the procedure at http://msdn.microsof...nloa....doc.xml (at the bottom of the page)

bernadettefearon

bernadettefearon
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 15:27

Hi
thanks for the advice -

unfortunately none of those methods work either -
I dont understand why because the dlls are getting installed fine on the client machine and they register and everything  - but i still get the error  -

do you have any other ideas?
thanks
Berni

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 04:03

Are you using the merge module, or are you just installing those DLL's?  If you are not using the merge module, you should.
Anthony Glenwright
Inventua

Jamie Clayton

Jamie Clayton
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2002 - 07:51

Berni,

Don't worry, I'm also having problems with the MSXML4.dll.  This interesting thing is that I did get the installation working and tested across a range of operating systems 95/98/NT4/2000/xp until I recomplied the whole lot following a minor fix to the VB application.

Unfortunately I've loaded IE6, SOAP 2.2, WI 2.0 and .NET runtime files since that successfull build.  I also did some cleaning up of my own crystal 8 MSM, so I'm not sure what is causing the problems.  I've assumed that the Visual Studio Installer product from MS is forward compatible with WI2, which could also be a mistake.  

I'm getting to the point that it might be cheaper to buy a third party product like WWI 4 to see if that will solve the problem. ???