This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

"Cleanup" custom action

1 reply to this topic

shippy

shippy
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 23:02

During the life of the product I am installing, a "logs" folder is created. With the way Windows Installer works, this folder is not removed during uninstall. But I want to delete it because I don't want to leave any traces of my program on the machine. Where should I place this custom action in my Execute Sequence? Similarly, I install MSDE with my program, and after that is uninstalled it leaves the "Microsoft SQL Server" folder around and I want to get rid of that too. I can't figure out where to sequence this action without the uninstall failing because it tries to run the custom action before it completely uninstalls MSDE and it fails. Is anyone using any "cleanup" scripts like this?

Stefan Secker

Stefan Secker
  • Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 08:42

Hi shippy,

I use CAs to do these kind of stuff. I placed them in the Execute sequence right before the InstallFinalize action, and this works fine.

Be sure that you use deferred CAs.

HTH biggrin.gif
Stefan