This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Window installer 1901 error

Best Answer julienpec , 04 June 2014 - 15:24

Ok the matter was the usb Key... don't why but it seems that one of them doesnt copy all whole package, missing probably window installer prerequies Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:36

Hi everyone !

I'm at this moment in trouble with the installation of my MSI package.

I'm currently working on Installshield 2013 premier on Window XP 32bits.

My Package is quit simple, only 1 feature and the installation of my MSI package works well on this same os (Window XP 32bits).

The problem is the following : I need to be able to instal the package on window 7 embeded 32 bit and then 64bits (i'll work on the 64 bits later :) ).

When i try to instal the package on a simple Window 7 32 bits (not embeded), i receive the error during the installation : "Error 1901 - Error attempting to read from source data base..."

I've the same problem on embeded 32 bits.

I realy dont know what's the mater because i believe that all drivers on the os window 7 are here.

The problem is window installer, but i don't know at all how it works.

Maybe have i forget to include something on my package ?

I'm making researchs to go over it but i'm in real difficulty at this moment.

Would you have advertisings for me ?

Regards

PS : Sorry for my poor english ;)

Edited by julienpec, 04 June 2014 - 12:36.

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 14:35

Ok the problem seems to be fixed.

How ? I dont know, it seems to be magic :D

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 15:24   Best Answer

Ok the matter was the usb Key... don't why but it seems that one of them doesnt copy all whole package, missing probably window installer prerequies

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 14:41

Note that the UI part of the installer runs in context of the logged on user, but for the actual file copy process (install execute sequence) context switches to the system account. So if your setup is running from a network location (or other place where the system account may not have read access or drive mappings are missing) this could cause such problems.