This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

error 1603 fatal error during installation

6 replies to this topic

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:20

Hi,
I'm trying to re-install a software created by Installshield Dev Studio 9, and when i try to reinstall it without removingthe previous software i'm getting an error code "Error -1603, Fatal Error During installation, Consult Windows installer help(msi.chm), and when i click ok i again get a msg withthe following error code "error 1316, a network error occured while attempting the read from the file (path of the file\filename.msi), can u pls tel me how to solve this issue.. I have tried in ll the pc's it is giving methe same error. it is not letting me to reinstall a software over an existing software. I wil really very thankful to you, Its really very urgent kindly help me pls.

Thanks & Regards
Syed Tausif Akram

farrukh

farrukh
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 07:11

QUOTE (syedtausif @ 2009-11-03 05:20)
Hi,
I'm trying to re-install a software created by Installshield Dev Studio 9, and when i try to reinstall it without removingthe previous software i'm getting an error code "Error -1603, Fatal Error During installation, Consult Windows installer help(msi.chm), and when i click ok i again get a msg withthe following error code "error 1316, a network error occured while attempting the read from the file (path of the file\filename.msi), can u pls tel me how to solve this issue.. I have tried in ll the pc's it is giving methe same error. it is not letting me to reinstall a software over an existing software. I wil really very thankful to you, Its really very urgent kindly help me pls.

Thanks & Regards
Syed Tausif Akram

Hi Tauseef,
Did you checked the documentation for -1603 and 1316?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:17

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI"

Moving question to the forum for MSI projects

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:02

Hi,

Re-install a software with out uninstalling the previous version of the software may hampers the installation until and unless the later is an Minor/Major upgrade over previous. Try to remove the existing s/w via control panel and install the latest software. Ensure that all the registry entries should be deleted before you are installing the latest software.
Registry entries:
Might be from shared dlls 1. HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVRERSION\SHAREDDLLS
2. Product GUID from UNINSTALL folder of registry
3. If presents , the .exe path from APPPATH folder from registry

Proper uninstall and install will definately works at all time with out any issue

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 16:01

Hi,
Is there any other way to do it? because i want to overwrite the existing software with a new one without uninstalling it, when i do so i'm getting an "error 1603- fatal error during installation, a network error occurred", when i searched for help i got a utility called 'Windows Cleanup Utility' using which i have to delete the entry from windows installed in the pc and then i'm able to overwrite the software, but can anuone tel me a way as to how to install it without removing the current version from the pc? Is there any other way or any property i have to set in Installshield 9?

Kindly help me out with this issue...

thanks in Advance

Regards,
Syed Tausif Akram.

vPanchumarthi

vPanchumarthi
  • Full Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:33

You can try for Minor upgrade which inturn overwrites the existing version

syedtausif

syedtausif
  • Full Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:22

How to do the minor update? Is there any way or any property that i can set in Installshield?!!! After building the software package in installshield i install it above an existing one but it throws me the error 1603 even if the user has Administrator rights to the login!!!!

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,
Syed Tausif Akram.